Full Screen Mode

07-19-2021 05:42 PM
DuncanBourne
New Contributor

I use arcGIS pro and would really appreciate a one or two key full screen toggle, like the tab key in photoshop, to hide all the toolbars but still allow use of the active tool. Toolbars take up a lot of screen real estate and arc can really use every bit you can give it.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

it may not be what you are looking for, but

hide_toolbar.png

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DuncanBourne
New Contributor

Yes, that's the sort of thing, but hide the side tool panes as well, all with one click. Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

it isn't going to be one-click, but

hide2.png

I normally just "float" a map (right-click on the map's tab), but I find it a pain to re-dock it, so I tend not to float maps.

now if you want the table of contents hidden too, get a bigger monitor 😉

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Get two (or three) monitors and put the tools aside.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Duncan,

It looks like you commented on this idea  Full screen button for viewing maps in ArcGIS Pro - Esri Community  but may not have voted for it.  Be sure to vote by giving it kudos and check out the FAQ on how ArcGIS Ideas works.  Other than that, the suggestions provided on this thread about collapsing the ribbon and pinning docked panes to make them shy should help a little.

Cheers

0 Kudos
DuncanBourne
New Contributor

Hi everyone, we almost have a solution to this;

Thanks to lots of helpful feedback I've discovered that most of this functionality already exists in the Float command in the drop-down under the Map tab, the only downside being it's a right click - select on right click - select off. So esri; if this command could be assigned a one or two key toggle that would be exactly what is needed. With luck it's not a huge task and it would be super-useful, letting us use all our screen real-estate for imagery instead of menus.

Great work from the brains trust, big thank you to everyone who made suggestions.

0 Kudos