Force ArcGIS Pro to Create a New Map when I copy and paste a Layout

Jump to solution
09-28-2021 12:48 AM
JohnEsther2
New Contributor II

Hi

I want to make a map copy of the Map every time I copy paste a Layout in ArcGIS Pro. Is there a setting I need to configure for that to work. This way I can change one map at a time without modifying it for the other layouts

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@JohnEsther2 I think this is grounds for an Idea, but for now, there is a really simple workaround.

Just share the layout as a layout file, then reimport the layout file back into your Pro project. Then the layout and associated maps get added back with a "1" tagged onto the end. Simples 🙂

Brooks_SummitGeo_0-1632818347191.png

Brooks_SummitGeo_1-1632818363581.png

David
..Maps with no limits..

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is no setting, but you can check yourself in the Project backstage, under Options.  All user configurable options are there

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JohnEsther2
New Contributor II

Ooh. Thanks for the update. I thought there is something to click for that to happen

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@JohnEsther2 I think this is grounds for an Idea, but for now, there is a really simple workaround.

Just share the layout as a layout file, then reimport the layout file back into your Pro project. Then the layout and associated maps get added back with a "1" tagged onto the end. Simples 🙂

Brooks_SummitGeo_0-1632818347191.png

Brooks_SummitGeo_1-1632818363581.png

David
..Maps with no limits..