Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps - how to project point a distance/bearing in the field?

06-07-2023 01:42 PM
HollyCoates
New Contributor

Hey all!

I'm looking for a way to project a point a given distance and bearing from a location, while in the field, on Field Maps. (Essentially, a classic Garmin GPS feature.) My goal would be to have a way to input a distance and bearing and have Field Maps find that location (which I can then label as I choose using "collect."

Does anyone have an idea of how to make this happen? Or if there is a different arcgis product that allows this kind of feature (offline and in-the-field capabilities both required).

I am flexible with work-arounds--for the last month, I've just been repeatedly dropping a pin a few dozen times until I guess the right spot. Really looking for any time-saver.

Thanks!

1 Reply
MaxRingler1
New Contributor III

For that very function (offsetting points/vertices from reference point A & B, using distances and/or bearings) we are still using ArcPad, which was retired by ESRI in 2020 after having received no major update anymore since 2013. I am not aware of any current mobile software from ESRI that provides this function. Also the open QField doe snot have this functionality.

0 Kudos