Select to view content in your preferred language

field list after publishing

10-07-2022 08:02 AM
AdrianMarsden
Honored Contributor

Hi

We are new to publishing via Pro - we have avoided Pro as we can't really use it internally as we don't have GPUs on our virtual PCs/Server, but are in effect being forced to as we need to update, despite it being very painful to use.

So - first attempt - got the service published - this is from Pro 2.9 and ArcGIS Server 10.8 - so not the newest, but I am sure this is a simple tick box I have missed.

The layers all have a sub-selection of fields selected and many fields have aliases.  These appear OK in Pro

But after publishing I get the full list - un-aliased.

What have I missed?

Cheers

ACM

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

The preferred approach should be Sharing Web Layers. This option requires the Portal federated with ArcGIS Server and follow the steps as in the reference link. Alternately, you can also Share Web Map that gives you additional options on selecting, displaying fields.

Perhaps, you are publishing to a stand-alone ArcGIS Server.  In this case, follow the steps as in the reference link.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Honored Contributor

Thanks =- yes, doing it to a stand-alone server - for now, we're moving to fully federated, but also v11, so we need to make sure our MXDs are publisherable in Pro - I have followed the link and couldn't see any mention of field listings/aliases

0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Honored Contributor

For info - on our external DMZ server, which we bumped to Server 10.9.1 when log4j hit, this isn't an issue - any ideas if there was a known issue fixed between Server 10.8 and 10.9?  Or some setting I am missing?

I can't believe Pro got up to publishing in 10.8 with this as an issue.

0 Kudos