Feature to Raster / Resample Problem (ArcGIS Pro)

2 weeks ago
d1anna
by
New Contributor

I have a bunch of vector layers, most small, but one is the territorial water of a country, so that layer is quite large. I'm using Feature to Raster and Output cell size of 0.05. I am trying to find the analyze how the smaller layers overlap with the territorial water. The problem is that the territorial water layer takes forever (to the point where I force shutdown ArcGIS Pro) because it sits at 0% processed for over an hour and does not go farther than that. The output cell size for the water layer is 1000. I tried to resample the layer to use 0.05 but I am having the same problem. I am pretty sure the output cell size must be the same between all layers in order to properly run stats on it. Any advice or new ideas ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

You need to look at the coordinate system of your datasets. If they are wgs84 then 0.05 refers to 0.05 decimal degrees which sounds like a sensible value. If your dataset is projected, for example in metres, the 0.05 is 0.05m so depending upon the extent of the layer that might be producing billions of cells which obvious is meaningless and not what you want.

0 Kudos
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

You may be able to stay in vector space and just use the Tabulate Intersection tool (Advanced/ArcInfo level license required). 

0 Kudos