Failed to "Update table row".

Jump to solution
08-14-2017 02:30 PM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

I am doing some simple edits on a few rows in a feature attribute table in ArcGIS Pro.  I am the only person signed to our ArcGIS platform and I have changed versions to the one I use for editing.  After I make the edit in a cell and move to another cell, an error window pops up, stating:  Failed to "Update table row". This data is currently locked by another user and cannot be saved.  I am not sure why this is happening.   Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayHodny

Hi Adrian,

The feature dataset was not versioned. Once I figured out how to do that, I could save the edits.

Sincerely,

Jay

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jay,

Try closing all instances of GIS (mainly ArcGIS Pro and any other ArcGIS Platform programs you have open) and open Pro again to see if you get the same error. When in doubt, restart your PC and see if you get the same error. 

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hi Adrian,

I shut down everything last night. Started up fresh this morning, same edit version, same error.

Thanks,

Jay

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hi Adrian,

The feature dataset was not versioned. Once I figured out how to do that, I could save the edits.

Sincerely,

Jay

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Awesome, so versioning was the issue? That's good to know. Please be sure to mark your versioning reply as the correct answer in order to close out this thread.

Thanks,

Adrian

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

does this mean you cannot edit a hosted feature layer in Pro unless it has versioning enabled?

0 Kudos