Failed to load data error killing my tables

02-14-2018 12:26 PM
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

Why do i get this error so often when I try to Select By Attribute?  It seems like I have to click on the Attribute Table window I want to Select first, then execute the Select Layer by Attribute tool to prevent Arc from giving me this error, even though the Layer I want to Select is already selected in the tool.  Every time, I have to re-open the Attribute Table, re-position and re-sort it.  Abstract-Surveys is a File GeoDatabase on a drive and RTN is a shapefile on a completely different drive.

#posting question#display error#attribute select#table navigation#select layer by attribute#arcgis pro 2.1.1

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

try copying the shapefile to a featureclass in your file geodatabase as a test to rule out filetype, location issues for now.

0 Kudos
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

I guess that's it.  It hasn't happened since converting to a FGDB.  This is still annoying because no matter what I do on my end, I can never really get away from shapeflles, since this is still the standard in how data is traded and posted.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Cheyne...

When you are doing the work you need to do and you need to distribute shapefiles back... Use Copy Features, and add a *.shp to the file name and you will have shapefiles for distribution

0 Kudos
deleted-user-yMSQSHvui0e5
New Contributor III

I'm getting this error constantly now while working with hosted feature services. Just started since 2.1.2 update.

0 Kudos