Select to view content in your preferred language

Extract Values to Points in ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2. returning NULL values.

07-24-2020 05:07 PM
LaurieKurilla1
Regular Contributor

There are values everywhere for my raster (no holes or missing data spatially), yet about 10% of my point data are receiving <null> values instead of the raster value.  This is the second time this has happened - with two different (point and raster) datasets.  I can see nothing in the point data or raster data to explain.  There are too many of these points for me to manually enter the values.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are both in the same coordinate system? (don't go by what you see on the map, because of projection on the fly)

Did you check the Analysis Extent in your tool properties? and what is the extent relative to the extent of the points file and the raster)

What is the cell size?

Do you have a screen grab to identify the areas where points aren't being picked up?

Just to get things started for what to look for

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
LaurieKurilla1
Regular Contributor

Dan,

Thank you for your quick response.  Attached is a screen shot.  This is global data and the cell size is 1 Km.  I didn't set any parameters in the Analysis Environment.  In looking at it, everything seems desirable to me, i.e. the extent etc.

I made additional comments/notes in the attached document.  (I tried replying to your email, but it bounced back undeliverable by your server).

Of 5695 points, 558 received a null value from Extract Values to Points process using the Land_Cover_mask, which is a continuous coverage raster, and TEST1_SoilThickAttrib point file.  Those points are highlighted.  They are all in one file, so it doesn’t seem that projection/coordinate can be an issue.?

Pink is color of the points  with <null> value to make them even more visible.   Notice they are all within a large general area – Asia to Oceania.  (Red points are the other points which received a Land Cover Mask value.)

Thank you 

Laurie

0 Kudos