Extract roof forms for municipal development problem

06-27-2021 04:18 PM
IsmaelLamas
New Contributor

Hello, I'm following the lesson Extract Roof Forms For Municipal Development and I'm having a problem in Extracting Elevation Surfaces from LAS datasets step. I can't create the three elevation layers and getting the following error:

IsmaelLamas_0-1624835521394.png

The error says that the parameters are not valid and shows that there is an error with the bm_common_lib.py script. I do not understand the error very well, I am following all the steps and I have repeated it several times.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The lesson link ... Extract roof forms for municipal development | Learn ArcGIS

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
IsmaelLamas
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply!! That is the link I am following but I have a problem in step 9 of Extract elevation surfaces from LAS datasets. In that step, three rasters should be created and it gives me that error.

Sorry for not explaining the problem well

0 Kudos
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

Sounds like a data error, or it can't find something. Are you using the sample Portland data that comes with the guide or your own data?

0 Kudos
IsmaelLamas
New Contributor

First I tried it with the data from the Portland example and when I did not get it I tried it with other LiDAR data and in both cases I got the same error. I don't really understand why

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ismael, I forwarded your message to the Learn ArcGIS team. They reproduced the error and have prioritized the lesson for an update. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly when that will happen. 

0 Kudos
IsmaelLamas
New Contributor

Thank you so much!! 

0 Kudos