Extract elevation values (z) from each point in a .las cloud

Jump to solution
11-03-2021 06:38 AM
Jeroende_Nobel
New Contributor

Hi,

I have got a relative small LiDAR point-cloud containing 144 points. I wish to calculate median height, variance height, and 25th ,75th ,90th ,95th percentile heights directly from the point-cloud. So without transforming this small point-cloud into a raster.

Is it possible with ArcGIS pro to create a table with the elevation values (z) of each point in a .Las point-cloud?

Best regards,

Jeroen

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeroende_Nobel
New Contributor

Great suggestion! it worked. 

If you use the LAS to Multipoint tool and choose an extremely small value for Average Point Spacing (e.g.  0,00001) all 114 individual points will be created as separate features in the multipoint. Then simply using the Add Z information tool to add either the Lowest Z, Highest Z, or Average Z since they all give the same and true Z elevation of each point. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MicZatorsky_AEC
Occasional Contributor III

Just guessing, I have not done this, but I'd experiment with LAS to Mulitpoint, then to get single points Multipart to Singlepart, then to get elevation as an attribute you can try either Add Geometry Attributes or Add Z Information.  

0 Kudos
Jeroende_Nobel
New Contributor

Great suggestion! it worked. 

If you use the LAS to Multipoint tool and choose an extremely small value for Average Point Spacing (e.g.  0,00001) all 114 individual points will be created as separate features in the multipoint. Then simply using the Add Z information tool to add either the Lowest Z, Highest Z, or Average Z since they all give the same and true Z elevation of each point.