Exporting a table to Excel in Pro

01-09-2018 07:00 AM
StayMappy
New Contributor III

When I am exporting a table to Excel 2010 it does not keep the same formatting as I have it in ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1. It usually gives me 8 digits in Excel whereas I only have it set to only 2 digits in Pro. It is only when I am using a Float or Double. Is there a way to fix this problem? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What you see in the table has little relevance to the actual numeric precision of the actual data values.

As you can see from the Table to Excel tool there are no options to specify formats.  You simplest solution is to format the columns in excel manually and/or create an excel macro to run through the process for you if you are doing this numerous times and it really bugs you. 

Switching to other formats including numeric scaling, rounding and truncation is still no guarantee that you will get the fixed visual precision that you want, since excel still has to interpret what you have provided and deal with floating point representation from its inputs.

StayMappy
New Contributor III

Can ESRI make it an option in the Table to Excel function. I am trying to use this table for mail merge in Word. I was hoping there would be a fix in Pro so that I don't have to fix this in Excel. Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You can always see it it flies on https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=7d94cccb-9d96-4e5c-a22c-f519187...‌ if it gains enough steam, then it might be implemented.  Do note... this isn't a problem that needs to be fixed.  It falls into the 'like' category

0 Kudos