Exported map missing sections of layers

Jump to solution
06-23-2021 01:01 PM
s_chisholm
New Contributor

Hello, 

I'm having a problem exporting a map from ArcGIS Pro v2.8.0. I have four raster layers overlaid with each other, one land cover layer and three copies of ESRI's Terrain:Hillshade raster that's available from the Living Atlas Portal that I accessed through the Catalog. Each of the Terrain:Hillshade layers have different Appearance settings with varying Transparency levels and Layer Blend options. It looks great in a Layout, but when I try exporting it, the output map is missing sections of the three Terrain layers (see image 'LandCover_Test.jpg'). 

I've tried changing a number variables one at a time in the Export Layout pane without any luck. The only thing that seems to work is if I adjust the scale, i.e. zoom into the map layer (see image 'LandCover_TestZoom.jpg'). Hoping to be able to export this map at the scale that I originally intended!

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

Have you tried printing to PDF?

Are there any layers in your layout besides the imagery?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

Have you tried printing to PDF?

Are there any layers in your layout besides the imagery?

0 Kudos
s_chisholm
New Contributor

Hey, thanks for your response. I tried exporting to PDF and it worked! There is, however, a faint white line that runs down the center of the map (see 'TestFormat.pdf' attached). Any thoughts on how to get rid of it?

I do have other layers in the layout besides the imagery (a couple of other rasters and shapefiles), but exporting with or without these layers active made no difference to the output map. Figured I would attach images here of the problematic layers only. 

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Sometimes the maximum tile size gets exceeded when exporting causing problems with the output. In that case, lowering the DPI usually reduces the tile size and fixes the problem. Have you tried lowering the DPI to see if that fixes it?

If you can provide a project package, or reach out to technical support to create a bug this is something our dev teams would like to look at. 

Cheers,

Aubri

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
s_chisholm
New Contributor

Hi Aubri, 

Thanks for your comment. I tried lowering the DPI from 300 to 275 and this made no difference. Lowering it further to 250 gave me a combination of both problems (patches of some layers missing and a faint white line - see 'TestDPI.pdf'). I'll provide a project package soon! 

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
stevebrooks1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using version 3.0 and this problem still persists. Tried lowering the DPI all the way down to 50 and still only showing two of the three map frames that are in the graphic. This problem affects exporting in both pdf and tiff formats.

0 Kudos