so the issue is as follows. I've got a custom dimensions layout that I want to further process in external 3D modelling software. The problem is that the exported file, whether it's SVG or PDF, doesn't contain annotations (labels converted to annotations) and text elements inserted in the layout view when using Export Layout.
I tried all the setting possible with no success. Saving the project and restarting software/machine does not help. The missing elements are however exported to PDF when using Print Layout option instead but I need vectors to further process them.
Do you have any ideas what might be causing the issue? Thanks in advance!
from Export to PDF—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation
there are a few things to check, for instance
Include embeddable fonts in the exported file to maintain font consistency across different platforms. Fonts that do not support embedding are not included, regardless of this setting.
Thanks for your answer Dan but as I wrote in the original post - I think I tried all the possible settings configurations for both export to PDF and SVG.
I am going to try it tomorrow on some other machine but this just looks strange...
You are probably running into a bug. Currently I'm not aware of any known issue that corresponds to the problem you describe. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.
Should I simply report a bug or contact them in a different way?
From my past experience, contacting the local support team does not help, whereas I cannot submit a ticket nor start a chat with the U.S. support (don't have the right permissions?)... Sorry for bothering you but that's why I asked about the best way to contact them.
Someone in your organization has permissions (assuming you are with an organization). If you know who that person is, you can go through them, OR get your name added to the list of people that are contacts.
Note, that first contact is usually with people in your home country.
Thanks Dan, I will try contacting the tech support but in the meantime I will just move to QGIS. where exporting to SVG just works fine...
Okay, perhaps somebody will find it useful - I found a workaround. It turned out that the issue was with lack of compatibility between fonts, which is weird because there was one font that was used in both ArcGIS and Corel. Embed Fonts function caused other software (Corel) to crash when importing but without this option active, there were inconsistencies in fonts.
So, the workaround I found is that I first transformed all the labels to annotations and then used Feature Outline Masks to turn all the annotations into graphics. Well, this broke the text objects into curves but that was enough for me.