Export to Shapefile from ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
10-13-2014 10:22 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Has anyone worked out how to export a dataset to Shapefile from within ArcGIS Pro? The Share tab does not seem to have the shapefile option....

2014-10-14_16-22-07_ArcGIS Pro - Infrastructure Edits - Map.jpg

Thanks for your time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanO_Brien
New Contributor III

I believe the task you're looking to perform is under the "Data" tab. There is a button called "Export Features" which allows you to export to a shapefile. See attachment.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SeanO_Brien
New Contributor III

I believe the task you're looking to perform is under the "Data" tab. There is a button called "Export Features" which allows you to export to a shapefile. See attachment.

AlexMarshman1
New Contributor

Hi Ben,

I believe the tool you need is a toolbox tool found in the analysis ribbon:

shape file out.PNG

Hope this helps

Alex

JPaulo
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I can't seem to find the option where I can export to a shapefile. Am I missing a step? It only allows me to export as a feature class. The tool description says that I should be able to export as both.

Thank you,

julius

0 Kudos
AlanaBaker3
Esri Contributor

Hi Julius,

It should automatically export to a shapefile because your export location is a standard windows folder.

You would need to export it directly into a geodatabase to get a feature class.

JPaulo
by
New Contributor III

Ahhh got it! I had a problem with the folder I was trying to save in.

Thank you Alana! It's gonna take a while to get used to ArcGIS Pro...

0 Kudos
ZacharyOrdo__GISP
New Contributor III

I find it a little weird that the tool window doesn't differentiate between Feature Class or Shapefile until it automatically appends the file path if it's in a standard windows folder.  But this method works for me too.