Export Raster bug?

Jump to solution
07-11-2019 09:32 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think there is a bug with Pro 2.4 with the Export Raster tool. I've attached two videos to illustrate what is happening but I'll explain. When you use the export raster tool (right-click raster -> Data -> Export Raster) and check the box for "Force RGB" under Renderer Settings instead of the output being in RGB it is stretched.

However, when you check the box "Use Renderer" under Renderer Settings the output is in RGB. They are doing the opposite of what they should. Like I said, unless I'm completely misunderstanding this, this is a bug. I have reported it but the bug reporting site just doesn't seem like I can go to as in depth as this so maybe someone can pass this along with an elevated priority. I also don't know if they are looking into it because I haven't received any kind of follow-up. If I'm misunderstanding can someone please explain.

First video is me using the "Force RGB" setting and the second video is me using the "Use Renderer" setting. Just play them through. the Use Renderer video is a little longer because it seemed to take more time processing. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for the delay.  I checked in on this and the raster team has the issue entered in their backlog.  So we've got it.  Thank you for reporting.

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for posting this.  When you say that you have already reported it, what that through here? https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

Just trying to understand where that initial report was made.  In the meantime, we'll make sure that somebody on the raster team takes a look. 

Cheers

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I reported it through the Tech Support page. I submitted two reports; one for Force RGB, and one for Use Renderer. I think I submitted it earlier this week or maybe last week, sorry, can't remember exact date. Like I said, I never hear anything back from submitting bugs and I checked the support search for bugs and didn't see it so I didn't know if it went anywhere. I thought this seemed like an important flaw to point out which is why I also posted it with a video.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you heard if this will be addressed? How do I know if technical support has received my bug report?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for the delay.  I checked in on this and the raster team has the issue entered in their backlog.  So we've got it.  Thank you for reporting.

Cheers

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Kory!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Looks like this will be fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 scheduled for January.  Hopefully you don't get too used to doing it the opposite way

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's great to hear, thank you for the update!

0 Kudos