Export layout to pdf that includes .tif logo fails in Pro 2.6

Jump to solution
07-30-2020 04:23 PM
BrianRobeson
New Contributor III

Is anybody else having problems exporting a layout to pdf in Pro 2.6 if there is a .tif image in the layout?

My organization uses a .tif image for the logo on our organization templates.  I created these templates (.pagx files) specifically for use in Pro several years ago using Pro 1.x.  They've worked great, until just a few days ago when I upgraded to Pro 2.6.  Now the export creates a pdf but it is damaged and can not be repaired or opened.  Exporting to the .aix format also appears to fail.

This problem appears to be limited to just .tif images in the layout.  I've tried using .bmp, .gif, .jpg, and .png images, all successfully.  I've also tried using various .tif images, all unsuccessfully.  If I include a .tif image in the layout and export to the .tif format instead of pdf, it works.  Using a georeferenced .tif in the map shown on the layout exports to pdf just fine.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is looking like a recent issue that has been logged and development is aware of it: BUG-000132706-Inserting a TIFF into a report or layout results in incorrect behavior on export

I would encourage anyone who thinks they are hitting this to validate with Esri support to ensure it is the same issue.

In addition to what Timothy mentions as a workaround, if you are able to use another image format it is reported to work. Such as PNG, BMP or JPG file format for images.

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GeoNZ
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I can confirm that having tiff files present in a layout causes the Share/Export to PDF workflow to fail. 

As a work around, using the 'Print' option and setting the 'printer' to Adobe PDF exports successfully. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is looking like a recent issue that has been logged and development is aware of it: BUG-000132706-Inserting a TIFF into a report or layout results in incorrect behavior on export

I would encourage anyone who thinks they are hitting this to validate with Esri support to ensure it is the same issue.

In addition to what Timothy mentions as a workaround, if you are able to use another image format it is reported to work. Such as PNG, BMP or JPG file format for images.

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

CarlMorrison
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same issue with a company logo inserted as a tiff file and exporting a map series to PDF, changed the logo to a png file and exporting a map series to PDF works as it should.

0 Kudos
AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

Same issue here with tif logo in map layout when exporting to pdf. Running Pro 2.6.3. Any word on when this bug will be fixed? 

0 Kudos