export from ArcGIS Online fails when using Environments to change cs

12-11-2016 11:13 AM
MaribethPrice
Occasional Contributor

Anyone else had trouble exporting a feature class from an ArcGIS Online feature service or layer package when the Environment settings for a different coordinate system are set?

I have tried to export both the USA States and USA Counties layer packages, with only New Jersey selected, from AGOL in Pro while the application level Environment setting for the output coordinate system is set to NJ State Plane.  An error shows (attached), that the spatial index grid size is invalid, and the output feature class is produced but is empty. If I remove the environment setting, the procedure works.

I came across this issue while working on an extended project.  I restarted Pro and tried it in a new blank project and got the same problem. I retested in the original project and the error and solution continue, so it is a persistent issue.

I tested the procedure in ArcMap with the same data and it works flawlessly (always has).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Maribeth,

This is interesting. I have not tried the procedure you listed above but I have had similar results with exporting a CAD file (copy features). What I did, it wouldn't work in Pro but the same exact procedure worked flawlessly in ArcMap. I don't like it, but I'm glad I still have ArcMap readily available for hiccups like this. I feel like it's just a limitation, and hopefully a temporary one too...

0 Kudos