Select to view content in your preferred language

Export Features tool not remembering fields in Model Builder

01-30-2024 12:13 PM
JaronJensen7
New Contributor III

I have a model that I run to help me export data collected in Field Maps into a shapefile that I can then import into another GIS that we use for our main mapping of our infrastructure. I am currently using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1. 

The issue that I am having is that every time I close the project and then re-open the project it does not keep the field values in the "Export Features" tool that is within my model. So I end up having to reset the fields so that the model will transfer the fields into the new shapefiles.

The reset also won't work unless I run the model first, and then I can do the reset to get the fields back.

Anyone else having this issue, and if so were you able to fix it? I am able to do the reset but I feel like that defeats the purpose of the model.

JaronJensen7_0-1706645444854.png

JaronJensen7_1-1706645469152.png 

JaronJensen7_2-1706645503951.png

3 Replies
christiemost
New Contributor II

Yes.  I am experiencing something similar.  When I use the Export Features Tool in a model it does not recognize any changes that were made to the input layers when I go to rerun the model.  It's as though the input layer is being cached.  Perhaps this is a feature?  I have tried saving the model and closing ArcPro.  The results do not change.  In order to fix this I have to delete the input layer from the model and re-add it.  All my data is in file gdbs.  I am on Pro 3.2.2.

LoganRudkevitch
New Contributor II

I am running into this problem as well trying to run a model that exports features to a newly created feature class and want all the fields persist to the new feature class but it is exporting empty.  

StephenRead
New Contributor III

Yes, the same problem for me with the Export Features tool in Model Builder. 

Fields that should be Text(255) are becoming Text(1) and Long fields are becoming Text(1).

The effect is that data is dropped and the attribute becomes null

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2 and can't update to 3.3.0 as this isn't compatible with our FME Workbench setup so don't know if it's fixed in 3.3.0