Select to view content in your preferred language

Export Failed: ArcGIS Pro 3.0

Jump to solution
07-20-2022 01:39 PM
HannahSchaefer1
New Contributor II

Hi there - I've been experiencing an issue with exporting a layout in ArcGIS Pro 3.0. I'm trying to export an extremely standard, basic map with no legend, no scale bars, just a simple basemap with a single point layer to JPEG. I've looked through other posts and have attempted the following, to no avail:

1. Changed custom layout to standard 8.5 x 11 (this is an issue - I almost always use custom layouts and if this is a limitation, I hope it gets resolved ASAP)

2. I have full permission to write to the folder 

3. Created a new layout from scratch (since the original project was created in v 2.9)

4. Tried exporting to PDF which did get resolved by following the advice mentioned above, however, the graphics of the basemap were blurred and pixelated, even at 300 DPI and the standard compression quality.

5. Removed the display filter - there is no extent set on the layer or the map. 

Any tips would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm so glad you found a solution, thank you for sharing! 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
NaomiBegg
Occasional Contributor

Ahh he missing Colour Depth was what was causing my issue!

Marie-AngeFournier-Beck
New Contributor III

I keep getting this error at least a couple times a day, but Colour Depth is selected. The error will happen with pdf and/or jpg. What has solved it so far is closing and reopening a project. There is no rhyme or reason to why this works for me, but it seems to.

EmilyBlackburn1
New Contributor

I'm suddenly having these issues across multiple machines.  Even creating new layouts, new maps, nothing appears to be helping.  Sometimes I can print as opposed to export, but this appears to be totally random.  Machines at various states of updates as well......what gives?  I've tried everything in this thread.