Select to view content in your preferred language

Export extent different than animation

02-24-2023 04:33 PM
KevinRybacki
New Contributor

I am using Ac GIS Pro and I have set up animations while manually labeling some dams on the river using the overlay option with an arrow and paragraph.  Looks great when I animate it but as soon as I export it to a video the map extent changes (why, I have no idea) so there are parts of the river displaying that I do not want and the labels are way off the mark.  Why go through making the animation just the way you want it if it completely changes when you export it?! Is there any way to export the animation that was set up?  The lock view size does not help with this to the extent I need it to.

Please help,

Thanks!!

4 Replies
KathrynCross1
Emerging Contributor

I'm having this same problem. Did you figure out how to fix it?

LukeHenslee
New Contributor

I'm going crazy trying to figure this out....

0 Kudos
kennedy
Emerging Contributor

Hoping to breath some life back into this discussion. I'm having this issue when exporting to all available resolution options. The export is zoomed out no matter the resolution I choose. I'm working in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 but it appears to be happening with tests in 3.2 as well. Esri support has exported using my data and does not have this issue. On my system, the exports were correct for several weeks, then I went on vacation and when I returned and started working on the animation again, the exports are no longer at the right scale in the export .mp4. 

The first image shows how the animation was exporting correctly for several weeks and the second shows what the export is doing now. Correct Animation Export.pngIncorrect Animation Export.png

0 Kudos
RachelL
New Contributor

Did you ever figure this out? I’m animating shark migration patterns and have been having issues adjusting the map extent for the animation export even when I manually change it in the map properties. The extent just stays zoomed out

0 Kudos