Export Annotation from Pro to ArcGIS Desktop ?

05-22-2022 04:01 PM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Have a question for you .  It is about an Annotation 1k that I did in ArcGIS Pro. I need it badly and I need it to export it back to ArcGIS Desktop. Is there a way around to do that ?  My understanding is that you can't backwards it.

Is there a solution for that ?

I am aware that I was able to export it back to polygon and it has the text string . 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Rather than exporting it have you tried opening it in ArcMap from the same database.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

No, it does not work. The only works is if you have the points, polygon, or lines. The Annotation is what I get the error.

I started create the File Geodatabase in Pro and then I had to migrate them back to ArcMap in Citrix. We do not have Pro in Citrix yet.

So when I create a new File Geodatabase in ArcMap, and then I went back to Pro and export to File Geodatabase in ArcMap. Not working

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Why don't you connect Pro in Citrix?  This probably won't be your last issue with Citrix.

After you export the Annotation you need to remove feature linking.  Or create the new annotation class in the new database using the original annotation as the template and then load it into the new annotation

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

My Agency is in beta and running tests in  VDC right now. It is not available for everyone yet...

0 Kudos
KariBuckvold
Occasional Contributor

Did you every figure this out, I need a simple work around!

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Can you please refresh my memory. What were you doing ? So that way I can try to remember it.

I might have written down details on my Steno book so If I can find it and then let you know what I did.

0 Kudos
KariBuckvold
Occasional Contributor

Short answer: I want to use a GDB annotation layer created in/for PRO in desktop.  It doesn't seem like you can convert from PRO to desktop but you can convert from desktop to PRO.  I'm hoping there's a hack I'm overlooking

Long answer: I can't copy/paste GDB ANNO to graphics in PRO like I can in desktop.  But I can create an mxd where I copy/paste the GDB ANNO to graphics (or "Annotation stored in the map") and then import into PRO so that I can, for example,  have a graphic layer of street names that I can use and modify specifically for each map.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Could you please screenshot the ones you need so I know what you are trying to do.

And you said you already import the mxd to Pro  and did not work right ?

or this 

Is this what you are looking for ?  https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/363298/graphics-in-mxd-file-are-not-imported-in-arcgis-pro

0 Kudos