Select to view content in your preferred language

ExcelToSQLite64.exe starts running for no reason even when not starting ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1

08-23-2022 01:14 PM
Labels (1)
CECNorthAmericanAtlas
Emerging Contributor

NOTE: My laptop was completely off this morning when I turned it on (not on sleep mode)

This ExcelToSQLite64.exe process keeps using my CPU when I plug in my laptop (i.e. when switching from battery to plugged-in power). This happened after I updated to ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 (from 2.9).

This is not an issue of ExcelToSQLite64.exe not closing after starting ArcGIS. I have NOT used ArcGIS at all today nor even started it. This process shouldn't be active at all let alone stealing a substantial portion of CPU power.

Thank you for fixing this.Yesterday...Yesterday...Today...Today...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A noted issue, in fact going back some time.

This post has recent additions and it is an interesting read.  Be comforted in that you are not alone in seeing this.  Perhaps something might work for you there or you can at least follow the thread since it isn't appearing as a "bug" on the support page.  Good luck

Solved: ExcelToSQLite64 won't die (it's back) - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
RayBonaducci
New Contributor

I'd like to say that I am experiencing this same issue. The last time I ran ArcGIS was over a month ago, yet this pops up every time I restart my computer. I'm on a desktop (not a laptop like CECNorthAmericanAtlas). 

I'd rather not implement the solution that the user proposed on another thread, of running a kill-if-running script in the background.

Is ESRI working on this? Any formal solutions?

0 Kudos
RobertHudson1
New Contributor

Same issue here. I have two instances running all the time each consuming 8.6% of CPU. Crazy!

0 Kudos
MichaelaHrabalikova
New Contributor

The same issue is also here. It started running itself, and due to this, my NB was extremely overheated. 

0 Kudos
RobertHudson1
New Contributor

I use Task Manager to kill the process, but it periodically turns itself back on, even when I don't have ArcGIS Pro open or haven't run it for days....

0 Kudos
TrangMai
New Contributor

I had the same issue. I even if I force quit it, it returned like a ghost. All of the sudden, ArcGIS stalled, froze, and recently I have not been able to package or analyze a project package. There was no way to shut ArcGIS Pro down except via Task Manager.

Then I got desperate and went to Task Manager, where ExcelToSQLite64 was flaunting me again. Right clicked that sun of a gun, opened file location, then deleted it.

And I have been happily using ArcGIS Pro ever after. Let me know if it works for ya.

0 Kudos