ErrorMessage: Failed to publish web layer

Jump to solution
02-09-2021 12:10 PM
Labels (2)
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

Attempting to publish Enterprise GIS layers to AGO and after an hour or so, I receive this message:

Server Response: {"error":{"code":400,"message":"Invalid URL","details":["Invalid URL"]}}

I've seen this error when trying to publish features with Definition Queries, but none of these layers have DQs. 

A couple of them do have related tables, but I removed those on the latest attempt to no avail. 

There are a ton of features in the project I'm publishing - could this be a simple time-out issue?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Aha!  We're on to something!  Good to hear the initial test worked without the DATE fields.  I'll be curious to hear the new test with the 12/30/1899 fields changed to something more current.

0 Kudos
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

😖changing the values didn't work. still get an error when attempting to publish that FC.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay something is "up" with those fields.  How about creating new DATE fields, selecting all the records minus the ones with the 12/30/1899 values, field calc on the new DATE fields and keying in the correct dates for the ones that are 12/30/1899.  Then delete the old DATE fields and try to publish.

0 Kudos
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

Agreed. I saw this on several other datasets and replacing the DATE fields is what fixed it then. 

Any idea whether the issue is with the data or with ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Not sure but there are a few bug reports somewhat related to what you're seeing:

BUG-000111131 : If a time zone is set on a feature service in ArcGIS Server, if edits are not made on the date field and the date is null, the date field will auto-populate with 12/30/1899.

BUG-000097813 : When setting a time zone on a map service in ArcGIS Server, if edits are not made in an ArcGIS Online web map to the date field and the date field is blank, the date field will auto-populate with 12/30/1899.

There were some notes internally about the issue occurring when a hosted feature layer consisting of a date field is republished and then again exported as a file geodatabase from ArcGIS Online/Portal.  Also trying to view the fields to change the default value will throw the error.  It was observed in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2 and ArcGIS Pro 2.5 (Alpha 3).  Those bugs are to be fixed at 2.8 it seems.

wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help on this!

Esad
by
New Contributor III

I have the same issue and I use Pro 3.0. The original data is coming from SDE and It does not let me publish to AGO but when I make a copy of it inside SDE, I can publish. As discussed in this post before, the data has date fields with NULL values. 

0 Kudos
BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

Any update on this @Robert_LeClair ?  

I am also using Pro 3.0. Data is from a SDE using ArcGIS Server 10.6, and is part of the geometric network.  There are 7 layers with Definition Queries. There are plenty <null> Date fields as well as Date Fields that have a value of 1/1/1900.

StatusMessage: Server Response: {"error":{"code":400,"message":"Invalid URL","details":["Invalid URL"]}}

StatusMessage: Server Response: ERROR: code:400, Invalid URL, Invalid URL, Bad syntax in request.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Brandon - yes there is an update on the two bugs:

BUG-000111131 : If a time zone is set on a feature service in ArcGIS Server, if edits are not made on the date field and the date is null, the date field will auto-populate with 12/30/1899. (Fixed at 10.6.1)

BUG-000097813 : When setting a time zone on a map service in ArcGIS Server, if edits are not made in an ArcGIS Online web map to the date field and the date field is blank, the date field will auto-populate with 12/30/1899. ( Is similar to BUG-000117825 - Publishing a feature service with a date field having null values and time enabled on it shows no feature in ArcGIS Online.  In the internals, both show fixed 1/16/2020 but I can't find the release number)

0 Kudos
BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the update on the updates!  So my work-around would be to populate all of the null date fields then?

0 Kudos