Select to view content in your preferred language

Error while starting ArcGIS Pro !!!

09-01-2016 08:39 PM
Rohit_Venkat_GandhiMendadhala4
New Contributor

When I am trying to install ArcGIS Pro 1.3, Im facing an issue while start-up like " Arc GIS pro has encountered a serious problem".

Even I have tried and verified with the "Can you run ArcGIS pro" [CanYouRunIt?], everything was fine and my system was compatible. The minimum RAM mentioned was 4gb and the recommended was 8gb. My system has 4gb ram. I have also updated my graphic drivers AMD Radeon HD 7600 and Intel Graphic drivers. But the issue was not resolved. Anyone please let me know the perfect working solution for this problem.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
35 Replies
New Contributor

Now can I try installong any older versions of ArcGIS pro like 1.1 or 1.2 which I think should not have much difference when compared to 1.3?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I would not install ArcGIS Pro 1.1/1.2 at all as the latest release of Pro 1.3.1 has more features, more capability, less prone to crashes and is a better release than earlier releases.  It would require you to completely uninstall 1.3.x, earlier release of the .NET Framework and install Python 3.4.  Not worth the headache.  My recommendation is uses ArcGIS Pro 1.3.x until the next release of Pro - 1.4 - end of this year.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

I have completely uninstalled ArcGIS pro 1.3. I am currently having .NET framework 4.6.1 version. So if I install python 3.4 and reinstall ArcGIS pro 1.3 will it be successful??

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Your .NET Framework is current so no need to uninstall/reinstall.   There's no need to install Python 3.4 - http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/arcpy/get-started/installing-python-for-arcgis-pro.htm  One thing to check is Internet Explorer - are you at IE 10/11 or an earlier release?  http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

Currently I am using an earlier version of IE which is 8. Is Arc GIS pro installation dependent on IE version?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I think we discovered the problem.  ArcGIS Pro requires IE 10 or 11 before you install Pro on the machine.  What I would do on your machine that is throwing the error is completely uninstall ArcGIS Pro from it.  Download and install IE 11.  After that, install ArcGIS Pro 1.3.  I suspect the error message will be gone and Pro will run on your machine now.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

Can you help me out with this one.

How far is Arc GIS Pro 1.3 an improvised version of 1.1. What are the difficulties I would be facing if I use 1.1 instead of 1.3, because the installation just made by me for 1.1 was successful and the interface looks pretty similar to 1.3. I have experience with Arc Map but i am pretty much new to Arc GIS pro.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Honestly, I would work with the latest release.  Yes, the UI is similar between 1.1 and 1.3.x but the stability/enhancements/functionality are much, much better than 1.1.  You should have no problem learning Pro especially with your ArcMap experience.

Here is a great site for Pro resources and learning - https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-3027-introduction-to-arcgis-pro-for-gis-professionals-12-class-r...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

seriously... the specs are pretty much the same... and if you are running any other software besides PRO, you are at the limit, especially if you are limiting yourself to having to use a laptop.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I want to know if there is any rule that I have to use the latest version of Arc Map (10.4.1) to install Arc GIS pro (1.3). I am currently using a bit older version of Arc Map which is 10.3.1

0 Kudos