Select to view content in your preferred language

Error while starting ArcGIS Pro !!!

09-01-2016 08:39 PM
Rohit_Venkat_GandhiMendadhala4
New Contributor

When I am trying to install ArcGIS Pro 1.3, Im facing an issue while start-up like " Arc GIS pro has encountered a serious problem".

Even I have tried and verified with the "Can you run ArcGIS pro" [CanYouRunIt?], everything was fine and my system was compatible. The minimum RAM mentioned was 4gb and the recommended was 8gb. My system has 4gb ram. I have also updated my graphic drivers AMD Radeon HD 7600 and Intel Graphic drivers. But the issue was not resolved. Anyone please let me know the perfect working solution for this problem.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
35 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Since Pro is installed in a different directory than ArcMap (32 bit vs. 64 bit), you can run any release of ArcMap you want side by side with Pro. 

0 Kudos
JustinRoberts2
New Contributor

I had a similar problem with ArcGIS Pro crashing at startup every single time I tried. I sent the error report to esri. I have been using Pro 1.2 successfully ever since on my BootCamp'd MacBook Pro (with 8GB RAM).

Three weeks ago, I received this message from esri support:

We received the error report following your recent ArcGIS Pro 1.3 startup software failure. Analysis of the error information indicates the problem can be resolved by applying Windows patch KB2533623 found here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2533623).

I have not had a chance to test it since I just bought a new machine and will be installing Windows 10 on it soon.

Best of luck!

KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor

Yes, as Justin Roberts‌ has explained above, there is a known issue at 1.3 that requires installing Microsoft patch KB2533623 to resolve crashes on startup. We've added an announcement to the ArcGIS Pro space and additional details about this crash can also be found on the Esri Support website here. Please install this patch and let us know if you continue to experience the crash. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Kirsten.... there is no mention of windows 10, so I presume those that are using it need not apply it... you might want to add that to the general warning mention on https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro?sr=search&searchId=954ad86f-b6d2-45...‌ for those that only read the microsolf link.

KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor
PaulDavidson1
Regular Contributor

FYI - I tried installing the KB onto my Win 7 PC and got a message that "The update is not applicable to your computer."

I had downloaded the correct version (64 bit win 7) etc...

I think it's most likely that the patch was applied in later Win Updates since that KB is quite old, 2011.

I did report this to support level I so they're doing some digging into it.

0 Kudos