Select to view content in your preferred language

Error messages in Suitability Modeler

03-24-2023 03:48 PM
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

I've been having difficulty running the Locate function in the suitability modeler.  I finally got rid of the low resolution problem I was having, but today I got the following messages:  

Based on input, setting resolution of the growth to MAXIMUM.

Based on input, setting number of seeds to grow from to SMALL.

WARNING 010506: All input cell values are identical.

ERROR 010501: Failed to find target number of regions meeting the specified criteria

Failed to execute (Locate).

I haven't ben able to find anything specific to these errors.  Can anybody give me an idea on what's going on here?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MarkChappell
New Contributor III

I'm also running into this issue. Did you ever figure out the solution?

Thanks!!

--:--

Mark Chappell
0 Kudos
AriadneReynolds
New Contributor II

I'm getting the same error message and warning? Has anyone figured out the problem? thanks!

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

What version are you using and a screenshot of your suitability map showing min and max would help.

And, have you tried the solution associated with the error?

a.png

0 Kudos
AriadneReynolds
New Contributor II

Hi Steven,

Thanks so much for replying. I am using ArcGIS Pro Version 3.1.2. For some background, I am trying to use the suitability modeler to site aquaculture in ocean waters. I will eventually have multiple submodels, but right now I am just trying to do the first submodel (national security constraints). I have already taken out all of the areas that are completely unsuitable for aquaculture (would have 0 suitability) and created a layer that contains all of the potentially suitable area called "Final Study Area Albers". I have clipped all the rasters for the suitability model to this layer. The four layers that will be in the national security submodel consist of various naval, military, and air space use. I am trying to find areas within the Southern California Bight that are 100-1000 acres in size, and I want to find as many areas as possible within each submodel so that when I combine the submodels there will hopefully still be some areas to choose from. Since I posted this, I have tried reducing the specified number of regions and the total area (minimum distance between regions has been left blank). However my goal is to find as many suitable areas as possible of this size and its not allowing me to do that. Here is a screenshot right after clicking "run" the suitability pane:

AriadneReynolds_2-1709070653086.png

Here is the result of the failed run in the locate pane:

AriadneReynolds_3-1709071183286.png

The total area was left at the default 10% of input cells, minimum size was set at 100 acres. Then if I try to just find 1 region, and play with the total area, I still get the same error codes. So I feel like it must be something with the warning "all input cell values are identical" but I'm not sure what that means. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding how to use the tool. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

The problem that you are encountering is that your suitability map is all zero, hence WARNING 010506: All input cell values are identical.

The Suitability Modeler does not use 0, I suggest that you use the Environment's Mask or set areas that you don't want to use to NoData.

Does your suitability map, when using only 1 criterion, have different values and can you run Locate on it?

0 Kudos
AriadneReynolds
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. Here is a screenshot of when I just have one layer in my suitability map. The layer is a raster of a military operating channel. The value is all the same showing a scale of 6 to 6 and all the "classes" have the same value, and I'm not sure why. Ideally the area within the operating channel would be one class or category with a suitability of 5, and the ocean space not covered by the military area, but within my study area, would be another class or category with a suitability of 10. Can you explain how to make the area not in the military channel into a class that shows up in the map? Once I have multiple layers and then submodels, the areas with no layers overlapping that ocean area will be the most suitable, followed by areas with layers present that have high suitability rankings (7-9).  I set the mask to my "final study area" raster in the suitability modeler environments but that didn't change anything. Thank you so much for your help!

AriadneReynolds_0-1709160821191.png

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

please copy the "National Security Submodel" to a .tif raster, zip all the files and email to me (slynch@esri.com)

0 Kudos
AriadneReynolds
New Contributor II

Hi Steve,

Thank you for helping me realize the issue was the NoData values. I solved the issue using the reclassify tool to add a class and set my NoData value to 2 so that the suitability modeler would see the open ocean space as another area to run suitability on. Then I set the mask to my study area raster and it worked. Thank you for your help!