Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 504 when saving more than feature 300 edits to Hosted feature layer

Jump to solution
04-14-2023 04:27 AM
Nindoooo
New Contributor II

Hi!

I have a hosted feature layer with 2953 features. I want to do some calculations with field calculator, so I loaded the layer into ArcGIS Pro. However, whenever I want to save my edits, I get the following error:

Save edits failed. ERROR: code:504, Your request has timed outed., Proxy server got bad address from remote server (verify the server is running).

I found out that, if I edit a maximum of 300 features per time, this error does not occur.

Any idea how I can fix this issue?

Nindoooo_0-1681471554734.png

14 Replies
ZacharyHart
Regular Contributor

@TomKukitz Do you have any documentation related to this?

0 Kudos
TomKukitz
New Contributor III

Esri Case #03392536 - Save Edits failed Error Code 504 in ArcGIS Pro

You can check this case if that's possible. That's all I have. But after I installed 3.0 and removed 3.1 I didn't have the issue anymore. And I will not upgrade until the newer versions have been out for a while. I don't have time to spend on fixing Esri ArcPro issues. I use ArcMap as much as possible, it's awesome with Attribute Assistant. I only use ArcPro to make pdf maps and to copy and paste edits to AGO. I will likely be retired with ArcMap, so there is really no need for me to deal with all of ArcPro's issues. It take 10x longer to edit with Pro than ArcMap, viva la ArcMap!

ZacharyHart
Regular Contributor

like i said, 3.1.3 fixed this for me...3.2 isn't far off so I wouldn't be hanging on to 3.0 for too long...

0 Kudos
TomKukitz
New Contributor III

Enterprise is a different issue, I think it has something to do with ArcGIS Server and a timeout setting. I am using an Organization account and using Pro with ArcGIS online. I recently installed 3.1 again and I have not had any issues so far, but have not done a batch edit of over 1100 edits, which is when the error occurred. But again this issue was related to ArcGIS Online and ArcPro 3.1 not ArcGIS Server and an Enterprise account. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you! Search ArcPro Enterprise 504 error, something like this, I believe there is a solution and it was not related to Pro. I would install the patch for 3.1 in you haven't already.

Tom

0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Regular Contributor

I am happy to say that upgrading to the latest patch of 3.1.3 has resolved this issue for me! I hope this works for the rest of you!

0 Kudos