Equivalent to Find Tool in ArcPro

Jump to solution
02-07-2018 02:07 PM
KyleTjelmeland
New Contributor

I'm trying to learn ArcGIS Pro but I'm having a hard time finding a tool I use all the time in ArcMap.

That is the Find Tool (binoculars).  I want to search a feature layer and find features that match a certain value.

Is there an equivalent tool in ArcGIS Pro?

I could do a definition query but that isn't really what I'm after and the find tool in ArcMap was very handy and easy to use.

Anybody point me in the right direction?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Kathy,

In ArcGIS Pro 2.2 the locate tool has been enhanced to support searching all layers in your map.  You won't need to set them up individually.

If interested you could check it out in the beta when it is available  ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Beta Coming Soon! 

Mark

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Locate.  

You will also need to choose the layers and fields in your map that you want to search via the settings.

kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

This process, having to add every single layer I am searching, is really clunky compared to ArcMap's Find Tool>features tab>Find (a string)>In (visible layers)>check box Find features that are similar to or contain the search string>Search: all fields. I need to be able to find a particular string in every feature of every visible layer.

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Kathy,

In ArcGIS Pro 2.2 the locate tool has been enhanced to support searching all layers in your map.  You won't need to set them up individually.

If interested you could check it out in the beta when it is available  ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Beta Coming Soon! 

Mark

kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

I am currently trying to get my IT department to allow me access to 2.2

I can't wait to give this a try!

K

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Has the 20-result-limit bug also been fixed?

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas,

Work is ongoing, but trying it today, 650 results were returned from a Locator, and All features are returned when using feature search.... my test returned 9,513 features.

Mark

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Using the Pro Locator will limit your search to 20 results. If you are missing the easy to use, feature rich functionality of the way the arc find tool worked, be sure to upvote https://community.esri.com/ideas/13672