Enterprise database connections dropping

Jump to solution
06-26-2024 10:45 AM
Labels (1)
Ona_Tim
New Contributor III

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but, I am having an issue with enterprise Database connections dropping to my computer. If I work with ArcPro on the server the connections do not drop. We also made a connection directly from my computer using pgAdmin and will not lose connection even when I loose it in Pro.  

My system is as follows:

1. ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 Single machine deployment. Server has 32GB of memory
  2. ArcgisPro 3.3.0
  3. Postgres 15.4 Downloaded from ESRI and on a separate server from enterprise. Server has 12 cores and 32GB of memory
  4. Both servers are running Windows Server 2022 datacenter Version 21H2.

When the connection drops I get the following message:

Underlying DBMS error [no connection to the server::SQLSTATE=å] [**unspecified**.**unspecified**.GDB_Items][STATE_ID = 0]

X's replace actual names.

Working with ESRI we found the following information in the logs :

"An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" where host is the PostgreSQL Server and "FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command". The following PostgreSQL documentation provides more information about the same (https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5665.1202148155%40sss.pgh.pa.us [postgresql.org]).

At this time IT says it is not a fire wall issue as there are no rules setup for dropping connections. We are at a loss as to what the culprit is.

I will also be posting this in PostgreSQL community to get their input.

Thank you for your help with this.

11 Replies
Ona_Tim
New Contributor III

Thank you Ben!

I tested it yesterday into to today and the connection has not dropped.

0 Kudos
BenjiMillard
New Contributor II

I'm happy to hear that. Glad it worked for you!

0 Kudos