Select to view content in your preferred language

Entered COGO not being retained

12-15-2023 05:00 PM
MarkByers
New Contributor II

Entered COGO not being retained

What am I doing wrong?

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3 with a prototype Parcel Fabric Version 5, currently experimenting and practicing in a local drive. I am trying to traverse two intersecting encumbrances from a survey and running into some issues. Typically, I construct as lines, generate seeds, and build. This has always worked great, retaining and displaying the entered COGO without issue. However, in this instance of intersecting encumbrances, when I construct as lines the seeds are generated for every segment, creating erroneous overlaps and ends. See below.

lines1.jpg (I have turned off the COGO labels to better see the seeds)

When I construct as lines and build one encumbrance at a time, the first one will build fine but the overlapping one is split into two separate segments, omitting the intersecting segment from the second built encumbrance. See below.

lines3.jpg

When I construct as polygons, the two intersecting polygons build correctly however the entered COGO is not retained. See below.

Polygon2.jpg

I ran the ‘Update COGO’ tool on the encumbrances built as polygons however the output measurements are slightly off from the metes and bounds that were entered from the survey.

Is there a way to construct and build as lines without generating the erroneous segments? Or is there a way construct and build polygons and enable the retention of the entered COGO?

0 Kudos
0 Replies