Enrich Error on ArcGISPro-Help!

457
8
06-01-2018 06:31 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor II

So i am trying to get data on local housing- owner/rental, I am using a blockgrp layer which i have used in the past but on BA desktop. This is my first time trying it on ArcPro. I keep receiving two errors-The first error is before i run the tool, and it tells me that my output location doesn't exist but i'm using the gdb. that my project is running off of. Secondly when i bypass the first error it tells me that my "workplace" does not exist? This seems much more complicated compared to business analyst. Any Ideas?? 

Reply
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Can you please verify the output is being saved into a geodatabase? Click the Analysis tab in the ribbon and then Environments. The current workspace should be set to a geodatabase.

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Yes i double checked that this morning and it is being saved to my gdb. What else do you think could be causing me this problem?

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

I am still recieving an error message telling me the path is incorrect. Not sure why

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MVP Regular Contributor

Looking at the screenshots you posted, I notice the file path to the File Geodatabase contains an extra "." dot character in a subfolder of the folder path:

"ArcPro Misc.Work"

This is just speculation, but it might be that ArcGIS Pro, and particularily this tool, trips over this dot character in the file path. It doesn't always, because I have had situations like this myself where Pro happily accepted the extra dot character, but it might be a cause of the failure in this particular tool.

You might at the very least attempt to remove it to see what the tool does.

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Thanks i'll give it a try- that is strange because that is how the folder is named on my desktop. These software's can be very picky sometimes, but thanks for the suggestion ill try it now and let you know how it goes. 

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Unfortunately it still didn't make a difference. But like i stated in my last post from yesterday i was able to get the enrich tool to work by accessing it from top tool tab instead of accessing it from the BA Analysis tool box. Thanks for the input. 

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Kevin,

Can you please try a different tool (e.g. buffer) and see if you get the same error message? You can also try creating a new project and use the default geodatabase and the default paths for your current and scratch workspace.

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Option 1

option 2 (original problem) 

So this is strange but when i used the Enrich tool from the Analysis tab it worked vs. when i used the Enrich tool from the BA tool box. I did notice that the first option had more components to fill out before running the tool. I am not sure why they are different and not sure why the first option worked compared to the second. Originally i was using the option from the BA toolbox vs. the Analysis tab tool. But when i used the Enrich tool from the Analysis tool tab it worked. Strange but i was able to get it to work. Thanks for the help though! 

Reply
0 Kudos