Select to view content in your preferred language

Elevation void fill does not make a source

11-14-2023 07:04 AM
JipJuda
Emerging Contributor

I am having issues with the elevation void fill function in arcgis pro.

Im trying to make a map of the groundwater level of a municipalety in the Netherlands. After the elevation void fill function creates a new layer arcgis slows down significantly, with my cpu usage (intel i7-8565U) staying between 50 and 100%. Otherwise it seems fine untill i try to use or alter the layer. After about 5 to 20 minutes the red exclamation mark will appear and the layer source is nowhere to be found. I will be able to, for example, edit te symbology for a while, untill I can't, then the layer goes blank and the red exclamation mark appears. 

I ran the tool again and could not find the source even when the layer was still responding normally.

Does anyone know how to fix it or why it is happening?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you saving the output as a *.tif in a local folder?  If not, try that for the output rather than a gdb raster and cloud storage isn't supported (eg onedrive etc)

... sort of retired...
JipJuda
Emerging Contributor

I moved the project to a local folder, but it didn't seem to help. I can't see what type of file it is because the file does not show up anywhere. I also just noticed that in the layer properties it does not include the file name in the source, It just says C:\ArcGIS\Projects\projectname\projectname.gdb

0 Kudos
JipJuda
Emerging Contributor

I realize most files dont have the layer name in the source, so that is probably normal. I have also tried the tool on another layer with the same result.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

save the raster to a folder with a *tif file extension, not a geodatabase

... sort of retired...
JipJuda
Emerging Contributor

It's solved! Thanks for your reply. Tough I couldn't figure out how to change where the raster was saved, it made me look at my base data and realize it was wrong. For some reason the layer that I was using the tool on was saved as an *ADF file. I used the tool Raster to other Format to change it to an *tif file. This seems to have fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Glad the problem was solved

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos