Select to view content in your preferred language

Editor Tracking not timestamping properly

10-31-2023 10:30 AM
BrianBulla
Regular Contributor II

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this with editor tracking in Pro.  It seems like all edits are getting timestamped with exactly the same time as the first edit made.  For example:

1.  I created a new feature at 5:24:22PM, so created_date and last_edited_date say that.

2.  I go back to that same feature, update an attribute, but the last_edited_date stays the same.

3.  I go to a new feature, update an attrubute and the last_edited_date updates to 5:24:22PM even though the time I made the edit is actually 5:28:00PM.

Is anyone else seeing this same behaviour?  This seems to happen in a FGDB as well as on our SDE server.  It seems like the very first time an edit is made is being applied to all edits afterwards.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrianBulla As a first step, suggest looking at the editor tracking fields, settings and if they are mapped, configured correctly. You may try disabling and re-enabling them as well. 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
BrianBulla
Regular Contributor II

Hi,

Yes, I've been playing with this and creating, recreating, many times, always with the same result.  It is not timestamping properly.

Is this maybe an undiscovered bug?  If someone else has enabled editor tracking and gotten it to work successfully can you please post here so I can try to troubleshoot this a bit more.  It really makes no sense what I see happening.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
BrianBulla
Regular Contributor II

We just found this today....so I guess it's already been identified as a bug??  

https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/lasteditdate-does-not-update-with-traditionally-version-bug-00015...

0 Kudos