Editing in An Attribute Table

07-22-2021 10:42 AM
LydiaA
by
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm a ArcGIS Map holdout trying to use Pro. I have a simple task of copying and pasting info in one field of an existing file. I'm using Pro 2.4.1. Every time I paste on one row, the table reorganizes and places it on the bottom. So as it does this, it won't let me continue to shift to the next row and paste again. I know I'm just doing something dumb but I can't figure it out. On Map, I could paste, move down, paste again and etc. 

Thanks for any help you can give me,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesWilcox1970
New Contributor III

Do you have any of the fields sorted? I had a problem like that and I had a field sorted lowest-to-highest.

LydiaA
by
New Contributor II

Yes, it still shuffled the edited rows to the bottom. 😞 But thanks, I need to keep working on this and not use ArcGIS Map.

0 Kudos
LydiaA
by
New Contributor II

I did. Let me try after I unsort it. Thanks,

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'm using Pro 2.4.1

It's really time to update; current release is 2.8.1...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
LydiaA
by
New Contributor II

That's beyond my control. I belong to an organization of 9000 people. I'm super low level.

LeandraGordon
Occasional Contributor II

I'd hold off on 2.8 if I was her. I've upgraded and I'm going through trying to retest our scripts/workflows and some things are fixed (ordering layers) but so many other things just break (apply symbology by layer, model builder etc). 2.4 seems to be the last relatively stable version.