Edit -> Merge problem

06-29-2022 05:46 PM
Labels (1)
EverickJose
New Contributor

I have a polygon featureclass created in ArcGISPro, and I use the Edit -> Merge to join the polygons together which works fine.

I have an external polygon featureclass, imported from Kml (I believe), where if I try the same operation, it does the merge but the shapes disappear. On opening the attribute table, the shape lenght and area are zero. Comparing the two FCs, I see the Z values missing in this imported FC.

Is this a known bug? Is there a quick fix without workarounds

EverickJose_0-1656549891206.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
EverickJose
New Contributor

I use v 2.9.2 on Win11

0 Kudos
cec5
by
New Contributor II

Yes, I'm having the same problem. Using Pro 3.0.1.

Any attempt to merge polygons results in 0 geometry. Have updated the feature class spatial index and verified that there are no relationships, LRS, attachments, global IDs, or editor tracking enabled. I've also exported the data to new geodatabases, and copy/pasted geometries into new clean feature classes. No good. 

0 Kudos
cec5
by
New Contributor II

Determined that, for no explicable reason, Z value enabling was the problem. Created a clean feature class without Z values enabled, pasted geometries into it, merged without issue. This work around is fine in this case, but we have other polygon data with Z values enabled that need to be enabled and are populated for 3D modeling. 

I hope these issues with basic editing tools are fixed soon. 

0 Kudos