Select to view content in your preferred language

Domain Error (not member of coded value domain)

Thursday
tbealio24
New Contributor

For my electric network project, I had to map nearly 3,000 substation polygons. One of the required fields is County. Instead of selecting each individual county (nearly 1,000) and assigning the correct county to each substation within via "Select By Location", I converted my substation polygons to XYs and did a union with the county shapefile. I then joined the ascertained county information back to the substation polygon feature class.

Unfortunately, I received the following error "Field County attribute value [insert specific county], [insert specific state] is not member of coded value domain 07_Counties."

Is it possible to salvage all of this information? Everything is spelled the same but apparently there is no domain code associated with the county information.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

For the data in question, when you open the Coded Value domain for the feature class (i.e. in the Contents Pane, right-click the layer->Data Designs->Domain, do you see the coded value domain in question?  You can always update an existing codes value domain's code and description and/or delete the domain and rebuild it.  

0 Kudos