Does ArcGIS Pro store relative paths to the python script for script tools in the ribbon?

03-10-2020 08:40 AM
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

We’re putting together an ArcGIS Pro project for another department. We have a custom toolbar and custom script tools in the ribbon as well.

However, the tool in the ribbon points to the python script on our servers and not in the Pro project folder we gave them. The script tools in the toolbox have the checkbox “Store tool with relative path” checked and work fine.  But those same script tools in the ribbon do not.

Is there a way to set relative paths to the python script for script tools in the ribbon?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DougGreen
Occasional Contributor II

I have this same need. I think that this import/export custom ribbon functionality is only truly portable if it uses relative paths. I'm sure if you are just grouping common command buttons on a ribbon tab, this works great. But for script tools, it means we can't share them. I would love to be able to point some buttons to script tools within the project toolbox and create a ribbon for accessing them.

Another awesome thing would be if you could select custom ribbons to include when sharing a project template.

0 Kudos