Select to view content in your preferred language

DO NOT update to 3.0, Update to ArcPro 3.0 is a disaster so far.

Jump to solution
06-29-2022 10:49 AM
Labels (1)
WardMitchell2
Frequent Contributor

So I updated to 3.0 yesterday and I highly recommend waiting as long as you can before doing so. I am having very odd behaviors and some things simply not working like clipping a raster. Prior to updating to 3.0 yesterday afternoon,  I was working on a new project, and when I updated that project no longer opened up. It has taken 3 attempts to recreate the basic portion of the project. It would just sit and spin on the FGDB and did the same thing when selecting an excel doc. I can sometimes shut down ArcPro as you normally do but at least 50% of the time I'm having to use task manager to close ArcPro. Just an FYI as this is a major release going back to 2.9.3 might cause even more problems according to ESRI documentation. Migration from ArcGIS Pro 2.x to 3.0—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation . Just a friendly PSA

Tags (1)
65 Replies
WardMitchell2
Frequent Contributor

Attached is another short video that may help better explain what I'm talking about. I never created an empty folder to direct the new ArcPro project, in this example "Shoebox Night Flight 071522" to be stored in. it was created and stored in the overall project folder. 

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Frequent Contributor

The problem appears to be when you first start out to create the project from the home page I get the network error. When I create the new project from the "Start without a template" option and then save the project from there it creates the project within the "overall folder". The D drive is not related to one drive at all.

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Frequent Contributor

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

When creating a new project from a template, you can provide the name and location and specify whether to 'Create a new folder for this project'. So in your original example, for the location you would just set that to your ThomhillNightFlight071522 folder as the Location. If you uncheck 'Create a new folder for this project' the .aprx and other associated files (like the default .gdb, default .atbx etc if you have your options set to create new ones for every project) will be stored directly in the ThomhillNightFlight071522 folder.

If you leave 'Create a new folder for this project' checked, then a new project folder will be created within your existing ThomhillNightFlight071522 folder.

See https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/projects/create-a-new-project.htm

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Frequent Contributor

Got it

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

So does that work for you?

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Frequent Contributor

Well beginning to think the University IT department may have done something. This is from the University GIS IT  "Just FYI, with my ArcGIS Pro 3.0, I have tested “creating a new project” in the following environment. I was able to create and save a new project at all directories. But, actually, “Cannot Connect to Network” popped up when I tried to create one in D drive and somehow disappeared. Then, I confirmed that a new project was created and saved. It was weird."

0 Kudos
ArtK
by
Occasional Contributor

I also had to update microsoft access driver to get it to work. It doesn't look like Arc Hydro has a 3.0 installer release yet. Might get away with simply dropping the python files into the correct directory and still import them for arcpy processes, I haven't tested this yet. I will probably end up testing in the next week if it works.

Edit: the Arc Hydro package remained installed through the upgrade, so fortunately procedures involving it still run as expected. I am noticing extremely slow project load times and geoprocessing speeds however. It may be isolated to certain projects since sometimes it processes at normal speed, other times quiet slowly. Not something I experienced in 2.8 or 2.9. Running standalone procedures with Ipython console is much faster at least. Another consideration is if you have an Anaconda conda environment set up for 2.9 it won't automatically work with 3.0 as far as I can see..

0 Kudos
ArtK
by
Occasional Contributor

I decided to uninstall 3.0 and re-install 2.9 . I think Esri should have a warning message for this update since it is not backwards compatible and may cause unforeseen issues for larger projects when converting them.  Additionally would be nice to have a snooze update option so it doesn't notify every time you open it.

HemnAlSalihi
New Contributor

I fixed it by installing the "Microsoft Access database engine 2016".

0 Kudos