Select to view content in your preferred language

Disappearing Raster (Satellite Imagery)

01-31-2024 09:29 AM
Labels (2)
MARVINLEWIS
Emerging Contributor

I created a web map in ArcGIS Pro which was uploaded to ArcGIS Online. Upon opening the web map in ArcGIS Pro, I realized that whenever I zoomed into the map, the satellite imagery disappeared (and even the basemap). Everything apart from the point layers just turns white. How can this be resolved?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am sorry to hear that, did you try adding each hosted feature layer one by one to Map Viewer and see if they Zoom in and out fine?

• Add the first hosted feature layer to Map Viewer and see if it zooms fine.
  • Then add the second hosted feature layer to Map Viewer (created in step one) and see if it zooms fine.
  • The add the third hosted feature layer and see if it zooms fine. Continue the process until you find the see a hosted feature layer(s) that has zoom issues.
Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
MARVINLEWIS
Emerging Contributor

Thanks. I tried this method and still the problem persists.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

check the properties of the layer and see if it has a properly defined coordinate system as well

... sort of retired...
MARVINLEWIS
Emerging Contributor

Thanks, I checked this and it does.

0 Kudos
MARVINLEWIS
Emerging Contributor

Much thanks for the response. I think I did this before, but, I will check it again.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

What basemap are you using in your web map?

0 Kudos
MARVINLEWIS
Emerging Contributor

I am using the Light Gray Canvas.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Before you publish the web map from ArcGIS Pro, I'd recommend building Raster Statistics and Pyramids using the Build Pyramids and Statistics (Data Management) GP tool first.  Then republish your webmap.  Does the behavior persist?

MARVINLEWIS
Emerging Contributor

Thanks. I'll try this and see.

0 Kudos