Disable the "Modelbuilder" map group when adding output to display

Jump to solution
09-13-2021 03:52 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Every output in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.2 modelbuilder that is marked to "Add to display" gets put into a group called "Modelbuilder". How do I disable the addition of the Modelbuilder group to my map? I've deleted 3 of these groups today. I just want the layer added directly to the map, not inside of an extra group.

Also, the name of the layer gets repeated twice (see attached screenshot). Odd, clunky, and very confusing.

Tags (1)
15 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

@ShitijMehta currently I have had to do a not so elegant hard wired hack to my script to get the model completing. Thinking about it last night I realised that if this (in my opinion unwanted behaviour is to persist) then all tools that Add their output to display need to be supplying the actual name of the green bubble (in my example above it would be TRACK) as well as it's contents (the actual layer name). This would be seismic shift in tool behaviour as any scripting tool would need to take in as one parameter the bubble name as well as the traditional contents, in my example above the layer name. It just makes no sense to introduce this behaviour. The whole thing about developing scripting tools is that they are atomic and can run independently as tool from a toolbox but can also be added to a model. So you would have to create a scripting tool interface that would take as input a "bubble" name as well as the layer. This would be very odd behaviour if you just wanted to run the tool independently.

0 Kudos
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor

We have added a way to go back to the old behavior in the next release. (not 2.9).

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I really can't wait for this functionality to be removed, its driving me bonkers! 😉

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

@ShitijMehta \ @KoryKramer  will this functionality be removed or at least allow me to turn it off in the new and up-coming ArcPro 3?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Duncan. Here is the option in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 scheduled to be released June 23rd.

KoryKramer_0-1655468218429.png

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

OMG! Great news!!!