Digitising with WACOM tablet

Jump to solution
11-13-2020 01:12 AM
DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

I've recently purchased a 'One by Wacom' pen tablet and looking to use it to help digitize features. In Desktop I am able to use it as expected. In Pro it seems to be attempting to both digitize and move the map extent at the same time, which means my polygons are just squiggles. 

I would assume Pro supports the use of such devices, perhaps I'm overlooking a setting? 

The pen itself has 2 hot key buttons which I could use to disable navigation if there is such a shortcut in Pro

Any suggestions would be most welcomed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanPamperin1
New Contributor II

Hi David,

If you're still having issues digitizing with the Wacom tablet (panning behavior), try unchecking the "Use Windows Ink" setting in the calibration properties window of the Wacom software.

Cheers,

Nate

View solution in original post

10 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I'm not sure what may or may not work with the WACOM tablet, but there is this idea Drawing Tablet toolbar and compatibility in Arcgis... - GeoNet, The Esri Community suggesting that it is not yet supported in ArcGIS Pro.

Tags (1)
DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kroy 

Hopefully something on the horizon to bring parity with Desktop

0 Kudos
NathanPamperin1
New Contributor II

Hi David,

If you're still having issues digitizing with the Wacom tablet (panning behavior), try unchecking the "Use Windows Ink" setting in the calibration properties window of the Wacom software.

Cheers,

Nate

DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks this did the trick! (Apologies for the delay in testing, a combination of moving house and then the tablet broke!)

0 Kudos
AngelaBender
New Contributor

Hi David, I am purchasing a Wacom Draw for digitising in ArcGIS Pro so I am interested to know if you have had any further problems, or any advice.

Thanks, Angela

0 Kudos
DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Angela. I have to admit I don't actually use the WACOM for much digitising at the moment. Not the tablets fault, just not the kind of work I've been doing recently. From previous experience there is a little bit of adjusting the WACOM settings to get it work best for you. If the device you get has buttons on the pen (mine did) or tablet these can be set to something specific in Pro. I had mine set to pan around and zoom in/out by holding them which was really useful. Enjoy!

SjoerdDeboer
New Contributor

Hoi,

Dank voor de Topic, ik liep tegen hetzelfde probleem aan met mijn Wacom Intuos Pro in Arcgis Pro (it is in the name).

Ik heb in de Wacom instellingen de optie van 'Gebuik Windows inkt" uitgevinkt en het werkt :)!!

Super handig en heerlijk werken om met je pen te kunnen Pannen en in combinatie met Shift toets makkelijk in te zoomen.

Dus geen bellemering om met een wacom te werken !! kan het zeker aanraden.

DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

Interesting idea of using the Wacom to navigate. I’d only ever thought of it in the literal drawing (digitising) sense but will try using it as an alternative to the mouse now! Thanks!

0 Kudos
oceanl3h
New Contributor

How is this working out for you? I'm still on the fence about giving it a go. Do you have the tablet with a screen?

0 Kudos