Select to view content in your preferred language

Database and Server connections

Jump to solution
02-15-2018 06:07 AM
jaykapalczynski
Honored Contributor

I see where I can add database and server connections via INSERT > Connections in the toolbar

But this seems to be project specific and are no longer there when I open a new project.  What gives....how do I set this across the board where if I open a new project they are there ready to use?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Here is the documentation of the Favorites in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.x: Project favorites—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

I think that will give you what you are looking for.

https://community.esri.com/groups/geodatabase?sr=search&searchId=08ef4181-7438-45fe-b66e-4b7aaa3a1f4...

--- George T.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Here is the documentation of the Favorites in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.x: Project favorites—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

I think that will give you what you are looking for.

https://community.esri.com/groups/geodatabase?sr=search&searchId=08ef4181-7438-45fe-b66e-4b7aaa3a1f4...

--- George T.
jaykapalczynski
Honored Contributor

Last question....it appears that I cannot copy these connection files to another computer

I tried to copy the connection file to a different location (outside the Favorites folder)

I then opened the project and it was gone.

I then close ArcGIS Pro

Added the connection files back to the Favorites folder

reopened the project and they are not there...

Does this mean I have to manually create the connection files on every computer that is running ArcGIS Pro?  That seems crazy.....

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

I am not sure if you can copy the connection to another machine. It is not like the old .sde connections previously.

When I need the files, I usually copy the entire Project folder to the new machine. That way I have a good "starting" place to create new project from.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Honored Contributor

Good point...then just set the connection files to open for each additional project...gonna test that now.

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Honored Contributor

That seems to work....but still idiotic that you cant copy and paste into a folder like before.

George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

I can see it both ways. I just thing that it is a new workflow that will need to be adopted for Pro.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Honored Contributor

Nope that did not work....

tried coping favorites to the Favorites folder on other machine nothing shows up when I open the project....this is ridiculous a oversight 

Have to manually add them in favorites

right click to add to the project

and then right click to add to all new projects for each of them....absolutely anointing.....THANKS ESRI for once again making things more difficult.

0 Kudos