Select to view content in your preferred language

Data cropped/offset at date line when export as AIX

08-03-2022 04:28 PM
Labels (1)
WayneMurphy
Emerging Contributor

Hi there,

I have a problem with AIX export.

I have a map/layout set up using a world coordinate system that has the "Enable wrapping around the date line" option. I have this option selected. I have set my map extents so that the date line is just to the left of the right-hand edge of the map. It looks fine in ArcGIS Pro.

When I export as PDF (with "Clip to graphics extent" not selected) and open in Adobe Acrobat, the map looks fine. The map extents appear as they did in ArcGIS Pro, and all data extends to the edges of the map.

When I export as AIX and open the file in Adobe Illustrator, the map is clipped at the date line near the right side of the map, and there is white space filling the remaining section before the edge of the map.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make sure the extents of my AIX export match those in my ArcGIS Pro layout?

(Note that the forum does not allow AIX files to be uploaded so I have added a JPG showing the Illustrator artboard when the AIX is opened.)

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JuliaOlson
Esri Contributor

Hi Wayne, 

I took a look at this issue and unfortunately wasn't able to reproduce the date line error that you're seeing with AIX file exports.

The problem you are running into may be specific to your data/workflow. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Hope this helps,

Julia

0 Kudos