Select to view content in your preferred language

Customizing Dynamic Text in Layout

06-11-2024 02:42 PM
LDoty
by
New Contributor II

I have a layout that displays a set of traffic accidents at a given intersection and must dynamically update the Primary Street, Secondary Street, From Date, To Date, and counts of injury severity based on the visible points in the map frame.

Layout.PNG

I have three specific questions:

1) For Primary Street and Secondary Street, how do I display ONLY the attributes for the first row in my table?  I am currently getting a list of all distinct Primary and Secondary Streets visible in the map frame.

2) For From Date, how do I display just the oldest date?  For To Date, how do I display just the most recent date?  Again, I am currently getting a list of all distinct dates visible in the map frame.

3) For injury counts, how can I count different values from the same attribute field?  It appears I am not able to use iif() because it is only evaluating one row at a time, instead of treating all the points visible in the map frame as a table to be parsed.

The purpose of this layout is to create a custom print template in Experience Builder.  If there is a better way to go about this task as a whole, please let me know that too!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks @LDoty 

please let me know if you run into any issues from print service side.

You don't need to do anything special  just because it is going to be used in a print service, while authoring a dyn text elm on layout. If it works in Pro, then it should work with print service provided you customized your print service following the steps mentioned in the article.

0 Kudos