Select to view content in your preferred language

Crop multidimensional raster to exact shape

Jump to solution
07-18-2022 06:32 PM
Labels (2)
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

Is there any geoprocessing function that can crop multidimensional raster (CRF and multidimnesional raster service) to its exact shape?  By exact shape, I mean actual shape of the input feature not its extent. For example, cropping the raster to cover the exact boarder line of a country. 

I have tried following raster processing functions in ArcGIS Pro (v2.9.3) but they didn't really match my expectation:

Is there any other function that will work? Or should I develop a geoprocessing process? Such as breaking down multidimensional raster to individual tiff, extract by mask and then recreate multidimensional raster. But I think that can be a very tedious process.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Clip Raster (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

it doesn't work for multidimensional rasters?

Use Input Features for Clipping Geometry
(Optional)
Specifies whether the data will be clipped to the minimum bounding rectangle or to the geometry of the feature class.

Unchecked—The minimum bounding rectangle will be used to clip the data.
Checked—The geometry of the specified feature class will be used to clip the data. The pixel depth of the output may be increased; ensure that the output format can support the proper pixel depth.

It doesn't say extent, it say geometry

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Clip Raster (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

it doesn't work for multidimensional rasters?

Use Input Features for Clipping Geometry
(Optional)
Specifies whether the data will be clipped to the minimum bounding rectangle or to the geometry of the feature class.

Unchecked—The minimum bounding rectangle will be used to clip the data.
Checked—The geometry of the specified feature class will be used to clip the data. The pixel depth of the output may be increased; ensure that the output format can support the proper pixel depth.

It doesn't say extent, it say geometry

... sort of retired...
AbrahamAlejandroAlvarezReyna
New Contributor

for me it did not work. It just make a raster of one layer not the 365 

0 Kudos
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

Acutally works.. I thought I have ticked the Use Input Features for Clipping Geometry but acutally I haven't. So it works! Thanks!

0 Kudos