Creating a Difference Map Comparing Two Interpolated Maps

Jump to solution
02-09-2021 10:31 AM
GPWater
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.0

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to make one map by taking the difference of the interpolated areas of two other maps? I used ordinary kriging to make two separate maps and I wanted to see if there was a way that I could compare them. Another way of putting it is that I would like to place one kriging map over the other and subtract the interpolated area of the first map over the second map. I would like this "difference map" to still be an interpolated map, but the interpolation shows the difference between the two previous maps. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out the Raster Functions pane. What you can do depends a lot on your licensing, but something simple like a difference raster is possible even with Basic.

You can think of raster functions like an on-the-fly raster model builder. You can visualize the arithmetic difference between the two rasters without needing to create a separate output file.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out the Raster Functions pane. What you can do depends a lot on your licensing, but something simple like a difference raster is possible even with Basic.

You can think of raster functions like an on-the-fly raster model builder. You can visualize the arithmetic difference between the two rasters without needing to create a separate output file.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you share the snapshots of the input/intermediate/final data that you have? And also point out what is your expectation for the output.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

but if you want to keep the result

Minus (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

followed by your interpolation of choice

... sort of retired...