Select to view content in your preferred language

Create labels with attributes from a related table using Arcade

a month ago
JulieZamudio
New Contributor II

I'm creating labels using Arcade code. The labels are showing groundwater sample results from multiple chemicals at multiple locations. Many of the locations were sample multiple times and the label needs to show all samples for all dates. I have the location data in a point layer and the sample results in a separate related table. 

I found a video showing how to use data from a related table to create a popup in AGOL. The code was using FeatureSetByRelationshipName. Is it possible to use that in ArcGIS Pro labels? 

The code I am using is somewhat similar to the code in the below link.

https://community.esri.com/t5/aec-architecture-engineering-and-construction-blog/use-arcgis-arcade-f... 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

No, featuresets aren't supported this way due to the resource intensity of applying the function for all features being displayed. Popups are a supported profile variable as only one is active at a time

You can:

• Use Joins?
  • Calculate fields in the parent table (not dynamic but could be regularly processed)
  • Use some basic functions like sum of related features
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah, no featuresets in Labelling or Visualization is probably Arcade’s biggest pain point. 

The Join suggestion is probably the way to go; you can save it as a layer file for others to use and it’ll automatically update when your data does.

0 Kudos