Select to view content in your preferred language

create key map in map series

Jump to solution
04-20-2023 11:37 AM
BarbaraDabney
Occasional Contributor

Using ArcGISPro v. 3.1 I think

I have to create a map series that looks like the attached. I have been able to create a map series with an index layer but it does not create a "key map". These were created in ArcMap which I know nothing about. I don't know if they created all 5 sheets separately and then made a Key Map or if it was like 5 sheets as bookmarks or what.

Any suggestions re the easiest way to approach this would be appreciated.

Barbara

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindaWilliams1
Frequent Contributor

Make a copy of your map and rename it to Key Map. Then configure it with the basemap and layers that make sense for the overview. Insert a second map frame in your layout and select the Key map to fill it. For the Key Map as a separate page, create a layout just for the Key Map.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you hoping to create a key map in the top right corner of each of the PDFs like in your attached example or a separate map that shows the outlines of each of the indexed areas?

0 Kudos
BarbaraDabney
Occasional Contributor

both actually but for starters a separate map that shows the outlines of each of the indexed areas.

0 Kudos
LindaWilliams1
Frequent Contributor

Make a copy of your map and rename it to Key Map. Then configure it with the basemap and layers that make sense for the overview. Insert a second map frame in your layout and select the Key map to fill it. For the Key Map as a separate page, create a layout just for the Key Map.

0 Kudos
Fahad
by
Occasional Contributor

The Quick Solution around:

Create a Grid Index layers on top of your data extent and Use that Grid layer inside your key map to perfectly portray your map book with the key map. Use the Grid layer with Fix scale and all set.

---- hope it will solve and Sort of retired your query.

0 Kudos