Cost Connectivity Tool Error 010507

01-05-2019 07:27 AM
JamesKurbel
New Contributor II

Hope someone out there has also run into this problem and can suggest a solution.

While running the Spatial Analyst Cost Connectivity Tool, I receive the error:

This is the description of the error from Pro Help:

I receive the same error regardless if I run the tool from ModelBuilder or from the geoprocessing pane.  I can sometimes get the tool to run if I close ArcGIS Pro and restart the PC and then immediately reopen Pro and run the model.  Seems like I need to start out a new temp file fresh before anything else uses it.  I've tried searching GeoNet and the web for hints on how to increase the space at the temp file location as suggested by the error solution (see above) but was unable to find anything.  

I'm wondering if this is a system problem on my machine or perhaps a software bug?  Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

try not working on Google drive... copy data to your local machine and run inputs and outputs to it

0 Kudos
JamesKurbel
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,  thanks for the suggestion.  Actually, the Google drive folder is a local folder.  I just sync the folder to Google drive periodically for backup.  However, I'm willing to give it a try if you think it might help.

0 Kudos
JamesKurbel
New Contributor II

Just gave it a try after copying data to a different local folder.  Still no luck.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

if it isn't paths and it appears that you can't overwrite outputs, then something else is amiss.

This is all that I could find on the support site, but your's isn't crashing, but a workaround is suggested

BUG-000106076: The Cost Connectivity tool crashes in ArcGIS Desktop.. 

JamesKurbel
New Contributor II

Dan,

Thanks for finding the bug report.  I'll check it out.

I may have found a workaround.  What I was doing was changing some parameters in a Weighted Sum tool and then only rerunning the model from the Cost Connectivity tool (see below) :

This method apparently can save some time by using some of the outputs previously run as inputs for the new model run.

I've been successful three times now by first making my Weighted Sum changes, then hitting the "Validate" button on the ribbon and saving the model  I can then then run the entire model over again (from the Run button on the ribbon).  This seems to work without getting the error.  Hitting "Validate" clears the shadows under the variable inputs that signify that portion of the model has been run.  Perhaps having these old results as inputs to the new model run was preventing any new files from being written to the Temp folder?