Corrupted .atbx toolboxes on network drive

01-24-2023 03:04 PM
Labels (1)
ThomasReyes2
New Contributor

I have a toolbox I created on a shared network, and recently all of the tools within it have been corrupted and appear as nameless paper icons. If you right-click any of the tools, there is no relevant context menu. I attempted to re-build the toolbox right next to it, and a few days later, the same thing happened. I  have been working with this toolbox for months with no issues, and it was recently broken.

I am working off of a federal network and will usually access this part of the server using a remote desktop app. 

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steve_Salas
Occasional Contributor

Just happened to me this morning... I built the toolbox approx. 5-6 weeks ago on a network (DFS) folder.  I opened the toolbox this morning and added a new toolset, and then a script tool within that toolset.  I went to check the properties on previously added script tools and was getting an error popup (forget to get a screenshot of that...).  Restarted Pro and I now see what you are seeing 

Steve_Salas_0-1675098763910.png

Steve_Salas
Occasional Contributor

Made a new toolbox and added one script tool.  Left it for a few minutes, came back to adjust the parameters:  

Steve_Salas_1-1675115619456.png

0 Kudos
Brooks_Wilson
Occasional Contributor

It seems that this happens when the toolbox path is being saved on a DFS path and that this doesn't happen when using a drive letter. The path can be set when creating the toolbox and is set by default with how the Pro Project is saved. I let ESRI know about the problem, and they did not seem to see it as a problem and said to just use drive letters.

Brooks Wilson
National ESRI Software Support Engineer
BLM - National Operations Center (NOC)
Contractor - Sanborn
Phone - 303-236-0503
Email - bhwilson@blm.gov
RandyMcGregor_BMcD
New Contributor III

I have had two toolboxes blow up on DFS and they were connected with a drive letter. Also, the size of the toolbox ballooned. There is no way it should be this big.

RandyMcGregor_BMcD_1-1702476692878.png

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor_BMcD
New Contributor III

Just happened to me. Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos